Yes, plastic can be biodegradable, and we've finally found a way to do it.
From 01/05/2020 all our Wonderpost bags are biodegradable which means when they've reached the end of their life, after you've ripped it open and chucked it away, it'll just become water, Carbon Dioxide and biomass.
Another small step towards cleaning up the planet.
We thought you may be interested in the manufacturing process.
Stages of oxo-biodegradation with d2w technology:
- d2w masterbatch is added at the manufacturing stage.
- Film containing d2w is extruded at the factory and is made into bags or packaging.
- The product behaves like a conventional product during its intended service life.
- After its service life, the bag or packaging may end up in the open environment.
- The d2w then takes effect and the product begins to degrade in the presence of oxygen.
- The product eventually degrades to nothing more than carbon dioxide, water and biomass.